Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th June 2010, 17:17     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Politics subforum

Went to nuke the 2008 election subforums and realised that new interesting posts occasionally show up. Figured it might be nice to have a place for political discussion proper so as to not distract us from the CCS-Lightspeed passive-aggressive homoerotic mating dance that is Open Discussion.

So, like, use it.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:44     #2
doppelgänger of someone

muh

The description of politics subforum right now is "$description", is that an oversight or a subtle dig at the role of money in politics?
Old 7th June 2010, 20:04     #3
StN
I have detailed files

o_O

Is this a cunning plan to banish chubby?
Old 7th June 2010, 20:50     #4
MrTTTT

You should make the description "Let the dead bury the dead. ps: draco is a fag"
Old 7th June 2010, 21:29     #5
Nothing

Cheesy grin

I think you would be much better off letting political discussions take place in Open Discussion. Instead of creating a political sub forum, you could create a "CCS-Lightspeed passive-aggressive homoerotic mating dance" forum. That would be awesome. I don't know what would take place in a forum like that, and tbh I don't think I'd ever bother to look. In that way it would be a perfect sub-forum.

Seriously though, maybe my perception of this is not in line with everyone else's, however, I really think increasing the number of discussion forums for every new topic (yes, I'm aware that I'm exaggerating) that comes along isn't good for the board. The reason I think this is because topics covered by forums other than the OD forum get almost no use by comparison, and so in a way the discussion of the topics covered by those forums gets minimised. I suspect a lot of content which gets posted to those forums just gets ignored by people. Not necessarily because the content is stuff that people don't want to see, possibly it happens simply because people know that most people just go straight to the OD forum and can't be bothered keeping track of so many different forums.

To put it another way, I'm somewhat interested in political discussions. I'm never sorry to see a thread about political topics come up in OD, and sometimes when I do see one I have a read and enjoy it. However, I'm not keen enough on political discussion to regularly click into a separate or sub forum.

I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong now. I still think the idea of a "CCS-Lightspeed passive-aggressive homoerotic mating dance" sub forum is brilliant though, and nothing anyone else says about that will change my mind. :P
Old 7th June 2010, 21:32     #6
Wally Simmonds

Yeah, I'd prefer to move it out to OD tbh.
Old 7th June 2010, 21:36     #7
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
I'm somewhat interested in political discussions. I'm never sorry to see a thread about political topics come up in OD, and sometimes when I do see one I have a read and enjoy it. However, I'm not keen enough on political discussion to regularly click into a separate or sub forum.
QFT.
Old 7th June 2010, 22:43     #8
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
I think you would be much better off letting political discussions take place in Open Discussion. Instead of creating a political sub forum, you could create a "CCS-Lightspeed passive-aggressive homoerotic mating dance" forum. That would be awesome. I don't know what would take place in a forum like that, and tbh I don't think I'd ever bother to look. In that way it would be a perfect sub-forum.
I would never bother to look either. TBH, I think it could be a good idea for a sub-forum as long as it wasn't only for lolspeed. It could be the 'Sooks cry about mean ol ccs' sub-forum.

Quote:
Seriously though, maybe my perception of this is not in line with everyone else's, however, I really think increasing the number of discussion forums for every new topic (yes, I'm aware that I'm exaggerating) that comes along isn't good for the board.
Agreed. This only opens the door for homos (and dicks) to say "Waah, wanna car forum!"
Old 7th June 2010, 23:01     #9
JP

Or you could just not be whiney bitches yourself. People bitched about politics threads in OD as well.

Good work Ab.
Old 7th June 2010, 23:05     #10
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Good work Ab.
Old 7th June 2010, 23:08     #11
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Or you could just not be whiney bitches yourself. People bitched about politics threads in OD as well.
Lol, what a mighty angus.